Family Information Service
23 December 2014
Have you heard of the Family Information Service (FIS)? The team could be a service which benefits many of the families in your area.
FIS can provide information on:
· Paying for childcare, including:
o Funding for two year olds
o Funding for three and four year olds
· Children’s Centres and what’s on
· Family support groups
· Finding help with many family related matters
· Support and provision for special education needs and disabilities (SEND)
· Working in the childcare sector
Offering confidential, impartial information and advice for parents and carers of children and young people aged 0 – 19, or 25 for young people with SEND.
FIS is also available to support professionals working with families who are unclear of where to go next.